~Feeding our Families one recipe at a time~

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chicken Spaghetti

Source: Pioneer Woman
http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/

I love the Pioneer Woman's site. She has awesome step by step pictures. I have learned a lot from her! I made this recipe in hopes that my kids would like it and they did! This is one of our go-to meals. It is also an inexpensive meal.

Ingredients:

2 cups cooked chicken
3 cups dry spaghetti, broken into two inch pieces
2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup
2 cups grated Sharp Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely diced green pepper
1/4 cup finely diced onion
1 jar (4 ounce) diced pimentos, drained
2 cups reserved chicken broth from pot
1 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt
1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper

Cook chicken and set aside. I boil my noodles in that same pot. I chop up the chicken, onion and green pepper. Reserve 1 cup of cheddar cheese for the topping. Combine all of the ingredients into a large bowl. Add spaghetti; then mix. Pour into casserole dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. This can be frozen for up to six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment